We understand there’s a lot of hysteria about the unexpected at the moment. And although we cannot control the unexpected we can control the present and we are doing everything under standard regulations at Better Moves Physiotherapy to ensure we can keep treating and training you all safely.
YES this does mean the clinic is running and we will keep it this way until told otherwise.
At present COVID-19 is likely to spread through:
- Close contact with an infectious person (1m or less for 15 minutes or more)
- Contact with droplets from infected person’s from coughing, sneezing, touching their nose/mouth and then other surfaces or other people
To help keep your mind at ease here are a few changes we are doing and the facts behind it:
- Everyone is sent a reminder text with a big alert to reschedule if they are unwell
- All patients must use hand sanitizer once entering the facility and sign in to the clinic to state there has been no contact with anyone with any symptoms before proceeding to enter the clinic further
- All clients and staff in the clinic must wash hands before and after any exercise or treatment sessions
- We are sanitizing all gym equipment directly after you touch it (yes we are walking around with spray bottles in class) to ensure best hygiene even when you’re working out
- Any sauna sessions are run at 70 degrees before entering and then cleaned afterwards and put back on at 70 degrees for 20 minutes to kill any bacteria
- Any clients that would prefer to do online consultations can get in touch and we can schedule that instead. (read here and what we can do online)
- We are no longer using towels on bed as it is much easier to wipe down and sanitise the beds than keep towels on top.
- All contacted areas including reception/bathroom/treatment rooms are mopped frequently throughout the day and wipes down
Prior to attending whether you are sick or not we would appreciate if you:
- Wash your hands often with soap including between fingers and the back of your hand
- All clients bring their own towels to gym or sauna sessions
- Sneeze or cough either outside, or into your elbow and then wash and sanitize rather than your hands as its much easier to then touch surfaces and your face afterwards which may spread contaminations
- Seek medical advice if you are worried, go into self isolation for 14 days if you have any symptoms before entering back into the community.
- Re think about having overseas visitors at your place as you will need to be quarantined too if you are in contact with overseas personnel not just them.
- Lastly this does not mean stop looking after other aspects of your health – keep moving and keep your mind busy so you don’t get stuck overthinking about this pandemic. There are many things you can do at home to keep fit and healthy – and we are definitely here to help you continue that also.
Upper Ferntree Gully
We are physiotherapists located in Knoxfield – helping you be better by restoring, improving & enhancing your optimal movement!